Most Arlington Police Department employees are required to do their own administrative and clerical work. This is in addition to the actual work they are directed to do by APD on a daily basis. Volunteers can lighten their load by performing basic administrative tasks.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Examples of tasks and responsibilities
- Sorting, filing, scanning, copying, and shredding functions.
- Basic and advanced computer skills, using these and
other application (Word, Excel Spreadsheet, Access Database, Power Point Presentation)
- Inventory and reorganization of storage rooms, stocking supply areas, furniture moves, work area setup
- Mail a contact card to victims who are unable to be contacted by phone
- Processing of arrest warrants for return to the courts. Volunteers will be asked to process documents as required for confidential transmittal to courts
- Monthly reconciliations
- Providing assistance with special events like setting up Christmas decorations, etc.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Successfully pass a complete criminal history
- Previous experience with administrative and clerical work
- Basic computer skills – word processing, general data entry
- Advanced computer skills – creating spreadsheets, maintaining databases
- Security Awareness Training
Examples of departments with the APD requiring volunteers
- Crime Scene Unit
- Economic Crimes
- District Police Stations
- APD Office of Communication
- Fugitive Unit
North, East, South, or West (view City of Arlington